CEC - Infrastructure, Energy and Public Works
He holds a Master in Environmental Studies and Community Development from Kenyatta University and a Bachelor of Science in Environmental Studies from Moi University. He has a Diploma in Procurement from the Kenya Institute of Management.
He has a broad experience in matters Environment, Community Development and Procurement.
The mandate of the department is to provide and manage engineering works and services within the jurisdiction of the County. These works and services include development and maintenance of infrastructure, maintenance of motor vehicles and heavy equipment, licensing of public motor vehicles and development control.
To be the premier provider of engineering works for the prosperity of Kisii County.
To provide quality engineering works and services to enhance the maintenance of infrastructure within Kisii County.
- To develop appropriate policy and legal framework for the development of the sector
- To develop and maintain efficient and effective road networks to spur economic growth.
- To provide efficient and cost-effective services in designing, implementation and supervision of infrastructure works within the County.
- To enhance institutional efficiency and effectiveness in service delivery
- To automate all projects under the sector
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF DIRECTORATES IN THE MINISTRY OF INFRASTRUCTURE, ROADS AND TRANSPORT
- DIRECTORATE OF ADMINISTRATION
As a nerve center in management, this directorate is tasked with the following responsibilities among others.
- Coordination of all activities in the entire directorate.
- Training and development of staff.
- Performance management e.g. staff appraisal and performance contracting.
- Approving staff to be hired, promoted, disciplined and retired.
- Motivation of staff.
- Processing of leaves
- Remuneration of staff and other staff welfare
- Day to day operation e.g. proper time management and quality results.
- Placement of attachees for attachment
- Performance contracts- giving targets to directorates and reporting.
- THE DIRECTORATE OF ROADS
It is tasked with the following responsibilities among others.
- Surveying roads
- Designing Roads
- Preparing Bills of quantities for roads
- Evaluation of tenders
- Road construction
- Road maintenance
- Construction of bridges
- Making related road designs (structures)
- Monitoring and evaluation of all road projects.
- THE DIRECTORATE OF PUBLIC WORKS
It is charged with following tasks among others.
- Site visits/surveying
- Developing structural designs and enhancements
- Preparation of bills of quantities.
- Evaluation of tender documents
- Preparation of payment certificates, appraisals & valuations
- Project management of works.
- Maintenance of public buildings and rehabilitation.
- THE DIRECTORATE OF TRANSPORT/MECHANICAL
It is charged with the following responsibilities among others.
- Provision of Road Construction and Maintenance Equipment.
- Provision of Transport services.
- Advise on procurement and disposal of Kisii County vehicles and equipment
- Inspection and identification of private garages suitable for repairing county vehicles, plant and equipment
- Preparation of technical specifications and tender documents for purchase of Kisii County vehicles, plant, tools, equipment and machinery and other related materials.
- Inspection of Kisii County vehicles and equipment for: maintenance, repairs and disposal and post inspection to check quality and conformity of repairs requirements.
- Maintains and updates register for all County motor vehicles, plant , equipment and motor bikes
- Repair and maintenance of Kisii County motor vehicles, plant and equipment
- Designing and construction of new roads within the County.
- Maintenance of both rural and urban roads within the County.
- Construction of County bridges.
- Preparation of building designs
- Preparation of Bills of Quantities for all departments in the County.
- Development and maintenance of Infrastructure.
- Repair and maintenance of motor vehicles, plant and equipment
- Provision of Transport services.
- Development control.
- Issuance of completion certificates.
- Termination of stalled works.
- Payment for goods and services procured by the department.