Mechanical Engineering Sector
The Mechanical Engineering Department is headed by the County Mechanical Engineer who oversees the day to day management and administrative activities of the department.
This department offers a wide range of services that include the following:
- Provision of road construction and maintenance of equipment.
- Provision of Transport services.
- Advise on procurement and disposal of vehicles and equipment.
- Inspection and identification of private garages suitable for repairing GKs and County vehicles, plant and equipment.
- Assessment of transport charges for Government officers who are proceeding on transfer.
- Valuation of vehicles, plant and equipment for the following purposes:-
- Determine resale value for disposal.
- Security in courts of law
- Loans for public servants desiring to purchase used vehicles.
- Suitability/occupational testing of drivers and plant operators for employment & promotion in the public sector.
- Inspection of improved second hand vehicles for conformity to Kenya Bureau of Standards KEBS 1515-2000 specifications for roadworthiness.
- Inspection of Government vehicles and equipment for:-
- Maintenance, repairs and disposal.
- Post-inspection to check quality and conformity of repairs requirements.
- Inspection of damages and losses caused by accident, abuse and misuse of equipment with view of establishing liability.
- Preparation of technical specifications and tender documents for purchase of vehicles, plant, tools, equipment and machinery and other related materials.
- Pre-delivery inspections of vehicles, plant, tools, equipment and machinery to ensure adherence to clients’ technical specifications.