Headed by: Mr. Esman Nyandikah Onsarigo - CEC
The mandate of the Department of Agriculture is to promote and facilitate promotion of food and agricultural raw materials for food security and income, advance agro – based industries and agricultural exports; and enhance sustainable use of land resources as a basis for agricultural enterprises.
To be the leading agent towards the achievement of food security for all, employment creation, income generation and poverty reduction in Kisii County.
To improve the livelihoods of Kenyans by promotion of competitive agriculture through creation of an enabling environment, provision of support service and ensuring sustainable natural resource management.
Our activities are guided by:
- Accountability, transparency and Integrity
- Efficiency and responsiveness
- Gender equity
- Formulation, implementation and monitoring of agricultural legislation, regulations and policies.
- Provision of agricultural extension services
- Supporting agricultural research and promoting and promoting technology delivery.
- Facilitating and representing agricultural state corporations in the government.
- Development, implementation and coordination of programs in the agricultural sector.
- Regulating and quality control of inputs, produce and products from the agricultural sector.
- Management and control of pests and diseases in crops.
- Promoting management and conservation of the natural resource base for agriculture.
- Collecting, maintaining information on the agricultural sector.
Contact us on:
Tel: 0709727112 / 0730184112