The core functions of the directorate are:-
- Surveying for production of small scale topographic maps.
- Approving all mutation surveys.
- Resolving boundary disputes using measuring tapes for general boundaries and total station for fixed boundaries.
- Mapping of infrastructure, utilities, and natural resources.
- Provision of 3rd order Geodetic Network.
- Implementation of court orders.
- Maintenance and storage of survey records.
- Provision of grid control for cadastral survey.
- Survey of new grant surveys and reestablishment of survey beacons.
- Determination of property boundaries.